Let's back track to the baby days!
0-10 years old
- Face it, for these 10 years, your main responsibility is to play. Toys, make believe friends, forts, etc.
- As a baby, you can take a dump in your pants and noone thinks you're weird. You can wear the same shirt two days in a row. You can pick your nose and it still is considered fairly normal. Basically, you can still get away with many things.
- You love your teachers.
- You still get birthday parties, many birthday presents, and you often get spoiled (especially if you're the youngest like me)
- You get a lot of attention. A lot of hugs, kisses and smiles.
- Everything and anything is funny.
- The firsts (first word, first steps, first day of school, first crush)
- Your skin is smooth.
- You can jump and run without feeling achy.
- You don't need to make "to do" lists. If you have chores, they're minimal.
- Everyone thinks you're cute, at least for the first half of the decade.
- The emotional roller-coasters attached to not getting your way. Remember the crying, the tantrums, and the consequences? Go to your room!
- Kids can mean and extremely insensitive, especially the girls.
- You can't go anywhere without your parents.
- You start getting homework.
- You need to beg for your money.
- Those Cheetos you're craving for dinner? Forget it. There are house rules and you have to follow them..
- If you hate mushrooms, you may still have to eat them.
- All in all, you have very little control over your life.